The FoN Committee are inviting creatives with lived experience of mental health challenges to submit an expression of interest to be involved in our event as main stage performers, live painting artists, installation artists, workshop facilitators or roving performers. These are paid opportunities.
In 2021 our event has been scheduled for the 8th of October at Wauwi (Light Square), Adelaide.
Festival of Now! (FoN) brings the community together to showcase creativity used in the healing journey and break down misconceptions around mental illness. It is a celebration of community, wellbeing, and mental health.
For queries regarding the EOI process contact FoN Stage Coordinator Phi Theodoros via firstname.lastname@example.org or text 0475 834 878 to arrange a phone meeting.
The Festival provides a vibrant, positive, welcoming, and safe environment for people from all walks of life to connect with community mental health supports, while promoting a wider understanding of mental illness and its prevention.
Attractions at the festival include live music and performance, free food, arts and crafts, games, workshops, animals, face painting, a chill-out zone and NGO information stalls. Peer Support Workers host sharing circles, allowing everyone to talk openly about their mental health.
Who Can Apply?
- Any artists based in South Australia with a lived experience of mental illness
- FoN celebrates diversity in our community, as such artists who are Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, Culturally Diverse or who identify as LGBTIQ are encouraged to apply
- All artforms and installations are welcome, however artists must consider how their work can be presented in a COVID-Safe manner
- Expression of Interest – Tuesday 04 May 2021 – Monday 7th June 2021
- Notification to selected artists – 23rd June
- Event Date – Friday 8th October 2021
How to apply
- Fill in and return the EOI form below to email@example.com by 5pm 7/6/2021
- Artists applying for the live painting role may be asked to send digital copies of 2-3 works from their portfolio
- Artists applying for the installation or workshop facilitation roles may be asked to provide quotes for their proposed activities.
EOI FORM: FoN-Creative-Expression-of-Interest_2021
If you have any questions about the process or need assistance to fill in the form contact Phi via the above email address or text 0475 834 878 to arrange a phone meeting for support.
For updates on the Festival of Now! Like our Facebook page: facebook.com/TheFestivalOfNow
To find out more about opportunities for the creative community with lived experience in SA explore the mindshare website & social media channels: mindshare.org.au/ facebook.com/mindshare.au & instagram.com/mindshare.sa/