What Is The NGO Lived Experience Workforce Project?
This eighteen month project funded by SA Health will support the development and growth of the lived experience workforce in the non-government mental health sector.
The aims of the project are to:
- Develop guidelines and standards for the NGO mental health lived experience workforce.
- Support the NGO sector to implement the guidelines and standards.
- Engage the NGO sector in building its capacity to support the development of the lived experience workforce, including supervision, mentoring, training and professional development opportunities.
- Seek and distribute information to support the NGO sector in embedding the lived experience workforce.
- Improve collaboration between the Government and NGO sector regarding work experience and employment opportunities for carers and consumers with lived experience of mental illness, who are interested in a career in the lived experience workforce.
- Co-design - with consumers, carers and NGO representatives, including HR, to ensure the outcomes of the project are deliverable and effective.
- Recovery focused - the principles of the recovery framework will inform the process, design and outputs of the project.
- Engagement - of reference groups and other key stakeholders in ways that are creative and perceived as a positive use of their time.
- Transparency - the project plan, progress and resources will be available to all project participants.
- Respectful - the stories that may be shared as part of this project and the tellers of the stories will be treated with respect and confidentiality.
- Practical - making sure the project aligns with what NGO’s already have to do, for example conforming to National Mental Health Standards.
How can you be involved?
For this project to be successful it requires the collective wisdom of those in the sector. There are several ways you can be involved:
- LEWP Reference Group - for people in designated Lived Experience roles, both carer and consumer, and LEW leadership. Membership by Expression of Interest - download a form here:
- Completing Surveys - an easy way to contribute knowledge and information to the project.
- Stakeholder Consultation - assist the project to gather information from the wider sector and expert groups.
- Training & Professional Development - engage in workshops and professional development activities as part of the planning group or as a participant and gain access to relevant resources.
Who to contact:
Project Manager - Shandy Arlidge
Phone: 0423 552 664
Senior Project Officer - Belinda Brown
Phone: 0423 213 080