NGO Lived Experience Workforce Program (LEWP)
LEWP is funded by SA Health, to support the development and growth of the Lived Experience Workforce in the non-government mental health sector.
The aims of the program are to:
- Develop guidelines and standards for the Non-Government Organisation (NGO) mental health Lived Experience Workforce.
- Support the NGO sector to implement the Standards and Guidelines.
- Engage the NGO sector in building its capacity to support the development of the Lived Experience Workforce, including supervision, mentoring, training and professional development opportunities.
- Seek and distribute information to support the NGO sector in embedding the Lived Experience Workforce.
- Improve collaboration between the Government and NGO sector regarding work experience and employment opportunities for carers and consumers with lived experience of mental illness, who are interested in a career in the Lived Experience Workforce.
NGO Mental Health Lived Experience Workforce Standards and Guidelines
The Standards and Guidelines have been co-designed by members of the LEWP Reference Group: people who are in designated Lived Experience roles or Leaders of Lived Experience Workforce (LEW), within the NGO sector.
Designed as a self-assessment tool for organisations, the Standards and Guidelines offer best practice principles for embedding and growing the LEW. Organisations are able to assess where they stand in terms of recruitment, support (retention), leadership and growth and development. Conducting a gap analysis provides opportunity to develop clear, purposeful strategies for embedding the LEW within the organisation.
Implementing the Standards and Guidelines demonstrates commitment to support of the LEW and creates a unique opportunity for organisations to become a provider of choice.
Who better to support someone in their recovery, than someone who's been through it?
The LEW Standards and Guidelines can be downloaded here:
If you want to know more about LEWP, or to discuss implementing the Standards and Guidelines within your organisation, please contact us.
Project Manager - Shandy Arlidge
Phone: 0423 552 664
Senior Project Officer - Belinda Brown
Phone: 0423 213 080