What can SA gain from a Mental Health Commission?August 30, 2016
Borderline Personality Disorder WeekOctober 5, 2016
Mental Health promotions in South Australia are developed around three themes. Each year during Mental Health Week we work to bring events to the South Australian community that centre around these themes which are:
How can we help each other? Make connections and be part of our community.
- Check in with mates
- Share a cuppa and talk things over
- Listen and keep listening
- Join a group – knit, sing, play a sport!
- Join www.mindshare.org.au and talk to others
What is your pathway to services? Find and seek assistance when you need it.
- Call 13 14 65 for immediate assistance
- Visit your GP
- Contact life line 13 11 14
- Talk to someone you trust
- Contact the Personal Helpers and Mentors (PHaMs) program at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check out services on-line beyondblue, ReachOut, headspace
Be aware – look after your mental health and wellbeing.
- Keep yourself safe
- Get some sleep
- Take care of yourself: eat well, exercise, relax and enjoy!
- Practice compassion
- Do more of what makes you feel most alive
- Give your brain a breather
- Notice something beautiful
Mental Health Week and Mental Health Promotions are funded initiatives by the Health Promotion Branch within SA Health.